- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 114
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Grilled peach panzanella Recipe
Grilled peach panzanella is a Quick summer recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has banana shallot, cider vinegar and golden caster sugar.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 3 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rocket - handful wild rocket
- Lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- Chilli Flakes - pinch of red chilli flakes
- Basil - small pack basil, leaves picked
- Cider Vinegar - 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Caper - 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- Golden Caster Sugar - pinch of golden caster sugar
- Fennel Seed - pinch of fennel seeds
- Fennel - fennel fronds, from the crispy pork belly recipe (optional)
- Peaches - 3 firm peaches, halved, flat peaches are nice, if you can get them
- Banana Shallot - 3 banana shallots, finely sliced into rings
- Sourdough - 2 slices day-old sourdough, torn into chunks
- Quick-pickle the shallots in a bowl with the cider vinegar and sugar. Destone and slice the peaches.
- Put the peaches in a bowl and toss with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, the chilli flakes, fennel seeds and some seasoning. Heat agriddle panover a high heat and sear the peaches for 2 mins each side until they have char lines on them. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the vinegar from the shallots into a bowl andwhisktogether with the remaining olive oil and some seasoning to make a dressing.
- Put the peaches in a salad bowl or sharing platter with the lemon juice, shallots, capers and bread, season well and pour over the dressing. Add the rocket, basil and fennel fronds (if using), and toss thoroughly with your hands to combine.