- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 406
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 2.7g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Halloumi fries Recipe
Halloumi fries is a Sharing recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has greek yogurt, lemon and harissa.
- Mint - handful mint, leaves torn
- Lemon - 1 lemon, zested, then cut into wedges for squeezing
- Greek Yogurt - 170g pot Greek yogurt
- Oil - oil, for frying
- Plain Flour - 75g plain flour
- Harissa - 1 tbsp rose harissa
- Halloumi - 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, cut into fries
- Za'Atar - 3 tbsp za'atar, plus extra for sprinkling
- Mix the yogurt with the lemon zest and some seasoning, then swirl through the harissa so that you have pockets of hot and cool in the dip.
- On a plate, stir the za'atar into the flour, then roll the halloumi in the mixture so that it's evenly coated. Heat the oil in a shallow, heavy-bottomed pan or casserole dish until 180C on a cooking thermometer, or a piece of bread browns in 20 secs. Working in batches, carefully lower the halloumi into the oil and cook for 2 mins until crisp and golden, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle over the mint and za'atar, and serve with the lemon wedges and the spicy yogurt for dipping.