- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 255
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.02g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Ham & leek cobbler Recipe
Ham & leek cobbler is a Lower sugar recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, leek and vegetable stock.
- Olive Oil - 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable Stock - 450ml vegetable stock
- Natural Yogurt - 75ml fat-free natural yogurt
- Thyme - 1 tsp thyme leaves, plus extra to decorate
- Frozen Pea - 140g frozen pea
- Ham - 85g chunk of ham, shredded
- Apple - 1 small apple or 1/2 large apple, grated
- Leek - 450g leek, trimmed and thickly sliced
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self-raising flour, plus a little extra for rolling the dough
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the leeks, stirring for 5 mins until starting to soften. Add the stock, then simmer for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, tip the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre, then add the yogurt, remaining oil, thyme leaves and a little salt. Using a cutlery knife, mix to bring together to a soft dough. Divide into 4 and shape into rounds on a floured surface.
- Stir the peas, ham and grated apple into the leeks, then divide between 4 individual pie dishes or one large dish. Top each with a round of dough, scatter with more thyme, then bake for 20 mins until golden.