- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 229
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Herby celery & bulgur salad Recipe
Herby celery & bulgur salad is a Dairy-free lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, celery and apple.
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mint - small bunch mint, chopped
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Apple - 1 dessert apple
- Tarragon - small bunch tarragon, chopped
- Pomegranate - large handful pomegranate seeds
- Celery - 1 bunch celery
- Hazelnut - handful toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Bulgur Wheat - 200g bulgur wheat
- Put the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and just cover with boiling water. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 30 mins to absorb all the water.
- Meanwhile, separate the sticks of celery and set the leaves aside. Very finely slice the celery and roughly chop the leaves. Cut the apple into fine matchsticks and toss in a little lemon juice. In a bowl, mix the remaining lemon juice with the oil and some seasoning to make a dressing.
- Gently fluff up the bulgur with a fork. Mix the sliced celery and apple through the bulgur, followed by the nuts, chilli, pomegranate seeds and herbs. Drizzle over the dressing and toss everything together gently. Scatter with the celery leaves and serve.