- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.17g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Italian-style stuffed aubergines Recipe
Italian-style stuffed aubergines is a 7-a-day recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has aubergine, olive oil and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Cherry Tomato - 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil Leaf - handful basil leaves, chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Aubergine - 2 aubergines
- Green Olive - 50g pitted green olives, chopped
- Mozzarella - 125g ball vegetarian mozzarella, torn into bite-size pieces
- Breadcrumb - handful fresh white breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Slice the aubergines in half lengthways, leaving the stem intact. Using a small knife, cut a border inside each aubergine about 1/2 -1cm thick. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the aubergine flesh, so that you have 4 shells. Brush these with a little of the oil, season and place in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins. Chop the flesh and place to one side.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to a non-stick frying pan. Tip in the onion and cook until soft. Add the chopped aubergine flesh and cook through. Tip in the garlic and tomatoes and cook for 3 mins more. Stir in olives, basil, mozzarella and seasoning.
- When the aubergine shells are tender, remove from the oven and reduce heat to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pile stuffing into shells, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and drizzle with a little more oil. Bake for 15-20 mins, until the cheese is gooey and the breadcrumbs are golden. Serve with a green salad.