- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 451
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Jerk pork & pineapple skewers with black beans & rice Recipe
Dairy-free dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has pork fillet, seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, lime, pineapple, vegetable oil, basmati rice and black bean.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lime - 3 limes, zest and juice 1, other 2 cut into wedges to serve
- Black Bean - 400g can black bean, drained and rinsed
- Basmati Rice - 200g basmati rice
- Allspice - 1 tsp ground allspice
- Pineapple - 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 4cm chunks
- Chilli Sauce - 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Pork Fillet - 400g pork fillet, cut into 4cm chunks
- Seasoning - 2 tbsp jerk or Creole seasoning
- Mix together the pork, jerk seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, if using, lime zest and juice, and some seasoning. Thread the pork and pineapple onto metal skewers (or pre-soaked wooden skewers) and brush with the oil.
- Cook rice following pack instructions. Drain well, then put back in the saucepan with the beans, stir and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat agriddle panuntil very hot. Cook the skewers for 3 mins on each side until nicely charred and the pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with the beans and rice, extra chilli sauce, if you like, and lime wedges for squeezing over.