- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 423
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Spicy lamb & feta skewers with Greek brown rice salad Recipe
Light supper recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has basmati rice, lamb mince, harissa, feta cheese, red onion, parsley, mint, black kalamata olive, cucumber, cherry tomato, olive oil and lemon.
- Black Kalamata Olive - 85g pitted black kalamata olive, quartered
- Cherry Tomato - 300g cherry tomato, halved
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 large red onion, 1/2 thinly sliced, 1/2 grated
- Mint - large handful mint, roughly chopped
- Feta Cheese - 50g feta cheese
- Parsley - large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, diced
- Harissa - 1 tbsp harissa
- Basmati Rice - 300g brown basmati rice
- Lamb Mince - 500g lamb mince
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 mins. Cook the rice following pack instructions, then rinse under cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Heat the grill. Mix the mince with the harissa, feta, grated onion and seasoning. Form into 12 sausage shapes and thread onto the skewers. Lay on a non-stick baking tray and grill for 6-8 mins, turning until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Mix the brown rice with the remaining ingredients and some seasoning. Serve alongside the hot skewers.