- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Lamb burgers with tzatziki Recipe
Lamb burgers with tzatziki is a Greek recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has bulghar wheat, lamb mince and ground cumin.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, very finely crushed (optional)
- Smoked Paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus a handful of leaves to serve
- Greek Yogurt - 200g pot thick Greek yogurt
- Cucumber - 5cm piece cucumber, deseeded and coarsely grated
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Oil - oil, for brushing
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Lamb Mince - 500g extra-lean lamb mince
- Bun - large burger buns, sliced tomato and red onion, to serve
- Bulghar Wheat - 25g bulghar wheat
- Tip the bulghar into a pan, cover with water and boil for 10 mins. Drain really well in a sieve, pressing out any excess water.
- To make the tzatziki, squeeze and discard the juice from the cucumber, then mix into the yogurt with the chopped mint and a little salt.
- Work the bulghar into the lamb with the spices, garlic (if using) and seasoning, then shape into 4 burgers. Brush with a little oil and fry or barbecue for about 5 mins each side until cooked all the way through. Serve in the buns (toasted if you like) with the tzatziki, tomatoes, onion and a few mint leaves.