- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 171
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Malabar prawns Recipe
Malabar prawns is a Indian recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has prawn, turmeric and kashmiri chilli powder.
- Coriander - 1/2 small bunch coriander, leaves only
- Turmeric - 2 tsp turmeric
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Onion - 1 onion, finely sliced
- Lemon Juice - 4 tsp lemon juice, plus a squeeze
- Chilli - 2-4 green chillies, halved and deseeded
- Ginger - 40g ginger, half peeled and grated, half finely sliced into matchsticks
- Prawn - 400g raw king prawns
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Coconut - 40g fresh coconut, grated
- Curry Leaves - 4 curry leaves
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 3-4 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- Rinse the prawns in cold water and pat dry. Toss them with the turmeric, chilli powder, lemon juice and grated ginger and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the curry leaves, chilli, sliced ginger and onion. Cook until translucent, about 10 mins, then add the black pepper.
- Toss the prawns in with any marinade, and stir-fry until cooked, about 2 mins. Season if required and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve sprinkled with the coconut and coriander leaves.