- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Malty choc chip cookies Recipe
Malty choc chip cookies is a Kids cookies recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar and brown sugar.
- Dark Chocolate - 100g bar dark chocolate, chopped
- Egg - 2 medium eggs
- Butter - 140g butter, softened
- Brown Sugar - 100g soft light brown sugar
- Plain Flour - 200g plain flour
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Golden Caster Sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- Malted Milk Drink Powder - 175g malted milk drink powder (we used Horlicks)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment. Beat the butter and sugars in a bowl until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, malted milk drink powder, baking powder and a good pinch of salt, then stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a dough. Tip out onto the work surface and gently knead in the chocolate. Divide the mixture into 20 pieces, roughly the size of a whole walnut. Roll each piece into a ball and place on the baking trays, leaving plenty of room for the cookies to spread. Flatten each ball slightly with your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until starting to turn golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven, leave on the baking tray for 5 mins to cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Will keep in a cake tin or cookie jar for up to 5 days.