- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 42g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Minty beetroot dip with chilli pitta crisps Recipe
Minty beetroot dip with chilli pitta crisps is a Sharing recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has beetroot, cucumber and greek yogurt.
- Garlic Clove - 1 small garlic clove, very finely grated or crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra to serve
- Mint - 1/2 large bunch mint, leaves picked and finely chopped, plus some small leaves to serve
- Beetroot - 250g vacuum-packed cooked beetroot, drained and coarsely grated
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Greek Yogurt - 1/2 x 500ml pot Greek yogurt
- Cucumber - 1/2 small cucumber, halved, seeds scooped out, cut into small chunks
- Pitta Bread - pack of 6 pitta breads, each cut into 6 small triangles
- Golden Caster Sugar - 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Put the beetroot, most of the cucumber, the yogurt, garlic, mint, sugar and some seasoning in a large bowl, and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. On a large baking tray, toss together the pitta triangles, olive oil and chilli flakes. Bake for 10-15 mins, turning halfway through cooking, until really crisp.
- To serve, give the dip a good mix, then spoon onto a plate. Scatter with the reserved cucumber and mint, and drizzle with a little oil. Serve with the pitta crisps.