- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 419
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.76g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Miso brown rice & chicken salad Recipe
Miso brown rice & chicken salad is a Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has basmati rice, chicken breast and broccoli.
- Chicken Breast - 2 skinless chicken breasts
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, cut into diagonal slices
- Broccoli - 140g sprouting broccoli
- Ginger - 1 tsp grated ginger
- Basmati Rice - 120g brown basmati rice
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Rice Vinegar - 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Mirin - 1 tbsp mirin
- Miso Paste - 2 tsp miso paste
- Cook the rice following the pack instructions, then drain and keep warm. While it's cooking, place the chicken breasts into a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 1 min, then turn off the heat, place a lid on and let sit for 15 mins. When cooked through, cut into slices.
- Boil the broccoli until tender. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
- For the dressing, mix the miso, rice vinegar, mirin and ginger together.
- Divide the rice between two plates and scatter over the spring onions and sesame seeds. Place the broccoli and chicken slices on top. To finish, drizzle over the dressing.