- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 348
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 16g
Moroccan chicken stew Recipe
Moroccan chicken stew is a Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has flaked almond, ghee and red onion.
- Chilli Powder - a small pinch of chilli powder or 1 fresh, red chilli, chopped (optional)
- Coriander - handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Red Pepper - 2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- Red Onion - 2 red onions, finely sliced
- Green Bean - 150g green beans, halved
- Parsley - handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Lemon - 1 large lemon, cut into 6 thick slices
- Garlic Cloves - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Green Olive - handful green olives, stoned
- Chicken Stock - 250ml gluten-free chicken stock or bone broth
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger (about 40g), unpeeled if organic, finely grated
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ghee - 1 tbsp ghee
- Flaked Almond - large handful flaked almonds
- Chicken Thigh - 4 chicken thighs, skin on
- Date - 4 pitted dates or dried apricots, chopped
- Sweet Paprika - 1/2 smoked sweet paprika
- In a large, dry pan, gently toast the almonds for 2 mins until golden - don't take your eyes off them, as they burn easily - then set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the ghee and gently cook the onions for 8 mins until softened. Add the garlic, ginger and spices, and fry for 1 min more.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is golden and crisp, then turn and cook to lightly golden on the flesh side.
- Add the red peppers, lemon slices, olives, stock or bone broth and dates or apricots (and chilli, if using). Simmer with the lid on for about 40 mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you find the sauce is too watery, take off the lid and leave it to reduce a little. If the sauce is too thick, add a few more tbsps of water.
- Add the green beans for the final 4 mins of cooking time. Season to taste and top with the coriander, parsley and the toasted almonds to serve.