- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.13g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Mushroom & chickpea burgers Recipe
Mushroom & chickpea burgers is a High protein lunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, chestnut mushroom and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Spring Onion - 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- Rocket - handful rocket leaves
- Lemon - zest and juice 1/2 lemon
- Greek Yogurt - 6 tbsp 0% Greek yogurt
- Curry Powder - 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- Ground Cumin - pinch ground cumin
- Breadcrumb - 85g fresh wholemeal breadcrumb
- Plum Tomato - 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Chestnut Mushroom - 250g chestnut mushroom, finely chopped
- Muffin - 2 mixed-grain muffins or rolls, toasted and halved
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the mushroom, garlic and spring onion for 5 mins. Mix in the curry powder, lemon zest and juice and cook for 2 mins or until mixture looks quite dry. Tip out onto a plate to cool slightly.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash the chickpeas in a bowl, leaving a few chunky pieces. Add the mushroom mix and the crumbs, then shape into 4 patties. Fry in the remaining oil for 3-4 mins on each side until crisp and browned.
- Mix the yogurt with the cumin. Place half a muffin on each plate, then spread with the yogurt. Top with the burgers, a few slices of tomato and a little rocket.