- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 574
- Carbohydrate Content: 70g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1.93g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Mushroom & spinach risotto Recipe
Mushroom & spinach risotto is a Risotto recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, butter and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- Parmesan - 25g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, freshly grated
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 500ml hot vegetable stock
- Parsley - 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Butter - 25g butter
- Sundried Tomato - 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Young Leaf Spinach - 100g fresh young leaf spinach, washed if necessary
- Salad - warm ciabatta and green salad, to serve
- Chestnut Mushroom - 140g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Dry White Wine - 150ml dry white wine
- Arborio Rice - 140g arborio rice
- Heat the oil and butter in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture. Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed.
- Reduce to a gentle heat. Add the tomatoes and 125ml/ 4fl oz of the stock and cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed. Pour in a further 125ml/4fl oz stock and continue cooking until absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock, until it is all absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. Season to taste. Scatter the spinach over the risotto. Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.