- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.38g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Mushroom & tarragon pate Recipe
Mushroom & tarragon pate is a Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, shallot and leek.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Creme Fraiche - 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Shallot - 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Tarragon - 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra to garnish
- Leek - 1 leek, finely chopped
- Unsalted Butter - 50g unsalted butter
- Wholegrain Mustard - 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Chestnut Mushroom - 100g chestnut mushroom, finely chopped
- Shiitake Mushroom - 100g shiitake mushroom, finely chopped
- French Stick - 1 French stick ; extra vigin olive oil; mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add shallots, leek and garlic, then gently fry for 7 mins until softened.
- Increase the heat, add the chestnut and the shiitake mushrooms, then cook for 10 mins, stirring, until the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms are tender. Stir in the mustard and creme fraiche, then season well. Cook for a further 2 mins then stir in the chopped tarragon.
- Preheat the grill. Cut the French stick into diagonal slices, drizzle with a little olive oil, then grill until golden. Spoon the hot pate on to the toasts, garnish with the extra tarragon, then serve with salad leaves.