- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 276
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Nutty chicken satay strips Recipe
Nutty chicken satay strips is a Low-carb snack recipe for 2 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has peanut butter, garlic clove and madras curry powder.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- Lime Juice - 2 tsp lime juice
- Chicken - 2 skinless, chicken breast fillets (about 300g) cut into thick strips
- Soy Sauce - few shakes soy sauce
- Cucumber - about 10cm cucumber, cut into fingers
- Sweet Chilli Sauce - sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Peanut Butter - 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter (without palm oil or sugar)
- Madras Curry Powder - 1 tsp Madras curry powder
- Heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan/ gas 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Mix 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter with 1 finely grated garlic clove, 1 tsp Madras curry powder, a few shakes of soy sauce and 2 tsp lime juice in a bowl. Some nut butters are thicker than others, so if necessary, add a dash of boiling water to get a coating consistency.
- Add 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips, and mix well. Arrange on the baking sheet, spaced apart, and bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until cooked, but still juicy.
- Eat warm with roughly 10cm cucumber, cut into fingers, and sweet chilli sauce.Alternatively, leave to cool and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.