- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 531
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Fat Content: 3.2g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.01g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Pepper-crusted salmon with garlic chickpeas Recipe
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has salmon fillet, black peppercorn, paprika, lime, olive oil, chickpea, olive oil, garlic clove, vegetable stock and baby spinach.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable Stock - 150ml vegetable stock
- Chickpea - 2 x 400g/14oz cans chickpeas
- Lime - grated zest and juice 2 limes
- Paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- Baby Spinach - 130g bag baby spinach
- Salmon Fillet - 4 skinless salmon fillets, about 150g/5oz each
- Black Peppercorn - 2 tsp black peppercorns
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put the salmon fillets in a shallow ovenproof dish in a single layer. Roughly crush the peppercorns with a pestle and mortar, or tip into a cup and crush with the end of a rolling pin. Mix with the paprika, lime zest and a little sea salt. Brush the salmon lightly with oil, then sprinkle over the pepper mix. Bake for 12-15 mins until the salmon is just cooked.
- Meanwhile, tip the chickpeas into a colander, rinse well under cold running water, then drain. Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, then gently cook for 5 mins without browning. Add the chickpeas and stock, then warm through. Crush the chickpeas lightly with a potato masher, then add the spinach and stir well until the leaves are wilted. Add the lime juice and some salt and pepper, then heat through. Serve with the salmon.