- Cook Time: 7 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 473
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Pepper & lemon spaghetti with basil & pine nuts Recipe
Healthy summer recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, red pepper, spaghetti, courgettes, garlic cloves, lemon, basil, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- Parmesan - 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative (optional)
- Spaghetti - 150g wholemeal spaghetti
- Lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Basil - 15g basil, finely chopped
- Garlic Cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Pine Nuts - 25g pine nuts, toasted
- Courgettes - 2 courgettes (250g), grated
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the pepper and cook for 5 mins. Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 10-12 mins until tender.
- Add the courgette and garlic to the pepper and cook, stirring very frequently, for 10-15 mins until the courgette is really soft.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, basil and spaghetti (reserve some pasta water) and toss together, adding a little of the pasta water until nicely coated. Add the pine nuts, then spoon into bowls and serve topped with the parmesan, if using.