- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.17g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Prawn & fennel bisque Recipe
Prawn & fennel bisque is a Diabetes-friendly recipe for 8 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has tiger prawn, olive oil and onion.
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- Carrot - 2 carrots, chopped
- Paprika - 2 generous pinches paprika
- Fennel Bulb - 1 large fennel bulb, chopped, fronds reserved
- Fish Stock - 1l fish stock
- Double Cream - 150ml pot double cream
- Fennel - fennel fronds (optional)
- Brandy - 1 tbsp brandy
- Dry White Wine - 150ml dry white wine
- Tiger Prawn - 450g raw tiger prawn in their shells
- Shell the prawns, then fry the shells in the oil in a large pan for about 5 mins. Add the onion, fennel and carrots and cook for about 10 mins until the veg start to soften. Pour in the wine and brandy, bubble hard for about 1 min to drive off the alcohol, then add the tomatoes, stock and paprika. Cover and simmer for 30 mins. Meanwhile, chop the prawns.
- Blitz the soup as finely as you can with a stick blender or food processor, then press through a sieve into a bowl. Spend a bit of time really working the mixture through the sieve as this will give the soup its velvety texture.
- Tip back into a clean pan, add the prawns and cook for 10 mins, then blitz again until smooth. You can make and chill this a day ahead or freeze it for 1 month. Thaw ovenight in the fridge. To serve, gently reheat in a pan with the cream. If garnishing, cook the 8 prawns in a little butter. Spoon into small bowls and top with the prawns and snipped fennel fronds.