- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 557
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Fat Content: 43g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.2g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Pumpkin & bacon soup Recipe
Pumpkin & bacon soup is a Soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, butter and onion.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Butter - 50g butter
- Chicken Stock - 1l chicken stock
- Maple Syrup - maple syrup, for drizzling
- Pumpkin Seed - 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Double Cream - 100ml double cream
- Maple Cured Bacon - 150g maple-cured bacon, cut into small pieces
- Crown Prince Pumpkin - 1/2 Crown Prince pumpkin or onion squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into medium chunks (you need about 500g pumpkin flesh)
- In a large, heavy-bottomedpan, heat the oil with 25g butter. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook on a low heat for 10 mins or until soft. Add 60g bacon and cook for a further 5 mins until the bacon releases its fat. Then increase the heat to medium, add the pumpkin and stock and season. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook for about 40 mins until the pumpkin is soft. Pour in the cream, bring to the boil again and remove from the heat. Set aside some of the liquid, then blend the remaining pumpkin until smooth and velvety, adding liquid back into the pan bit by bit as you go (add more liquid if you like it thinner). Strain through a fine sieve, check the seasoning and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a pan over a high heat and fry the rest of the bacon with black pepper for 5 mins. Divide the bacon between four bowls, reheat the soup and pour over. To serve, sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and drizzle with maple syrup.