- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 272
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Puy lentil, spiced roast carrot & feta salad Recipe
Puy lentil, spiced roast carrot & feta salad is a Healthy barbecue recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, cumin seed and carrot.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Carrot - 500g carrots, peeled, halved and cut into batons
- Mint - large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Feta Cheese - 85g feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Lentil - 250g pouch cooked Puy lentils (or canned, drained and rinsed)
- Cumin Seed - 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Lamb'S Lettuce - 100g lamb's lettuce
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots and some seasoning. Roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 mins more.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly while the carrots finish cooking.
- Toss the dressed lentils with mint and lamb's lettuce. Lay warm spiced carrots on top and scatter with feta.