- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 307
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Minty carrot, pistachio & feta salad Recipe
Minty carrot, pistachio & feta salad is a Moroccan recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, carrot and chickpea.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling
- Carrot - 500g carrot, halved and cut into chunks
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- Mint - small bunch mint, chopped
- Feta Cheese - 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
- Lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- Spinach - 2 big handfuls spinach
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Pistachio - 100g bag shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Tip 1 tbsp of the oil, the carrots, chickpeas and cumin onto a baking tray, season and toss to coat. Roast for 30 mins or until the carrots are tender.
- Mix together the lemon juice, honey and remaining oil, then pour all over the roasted carrots and chickpeas. Leave to cool.You can chill the salad at this stage, for up to 1 day; just bring it out of the fridge 1 hr before serving.
- Mix through the mint, spinach leaves and pistachios, and check the seasoning. Scatter the feta over and drizzle with a little extra oil.