- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 247
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.09g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Nice 'n' spicy savoury rice Recipe
Nice 'n' spicy savoury rice is a Healthy vegan recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has basmati rice, sunflower oil and onion.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Onion - 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- Curry Powder - 1 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- Frozen Pea - 50g frozen pea
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Ginger - 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- Basmati Rice - 200g basmati rice
- Flaked Almond - 50g flaked almond (optional)
- Stock - 375ml stock (1 stock cube dissolved in 375ml boiling water)
- Frozen Sweetcorn - 50g frozen sweetcorn
- Clove - 2 whole cloves
- Cardamom Pod - 2 cardamom pods, cracked
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Rinse and soak the rice for 10 mins. Heat a large, ovenproof saucepan. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on a low heat until the onion is soft. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a further 2 mins on a low heat. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir.
- Drain the rice and add it to the saucepan. Stir so that the rice is coated in the oil and spices. Add the peas, sweetcorn and half the flaked almonds, if using. Pour over the stock and stir.
- Cover the pan with a lid or with a sheet of foil, then cook in the oven for 15-20 mins. Remove from the oven, scatter with the remaining almonds, if using, and serve.