- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 398
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Salmon picnic platter Recipe
Salmon picnic platter is a Family picnic recipe for 6-8 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has egg, mayonnaise and cayenne pepper.
- Egg - 4 eggs
- Dill - 1 tbsp chopped dill or chives
- Lemon - 1 lemon, 1/2 zested and 1/2 cut into wedges
- Greek Yogurt - 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Mayonnaise - 2-3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber
- Cayenne Pepper - a little cayenne pepper
- Smoked Salmon - 100g smoked salmon
- Bread - bread, soft rolls or wraps, to serve
- Cream Cheese - 3 tbsp cream cheese
- Hot Smoked Salmon - 100g hot-smoked salmon
- Cooked Salmon - 200g cooked salmon
- Rolls - 6 small rolls, halved
- Hard boil the eggs by cooking them in boiling water for 8 mins, then cool quickly under cold running water and peel. Halve the eggs and pop the yolks into a bowl. Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, cayenne pepper and some seasoning. Spoon or pipe the mixture back into the egg halves and chill until you need them.
- Flake the cooked salmon into large chunks and put it on a platter with the hot-smoked salmon and the eggs.
- Spread the bottom half of the rolls with cream cheese, then add the smoked salmon and a squeeze of lemon juice and top with the other half of the roll. Cut each one in half.
- Peel and slice the cucumber. Mix the yogurt with the dill, lemon zest and some seasoning, then stir in the cucumber. Pile the mixture into the centre of the platter. Serve with extra bread, rolls or wraps and lemon wedges.