- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 262
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 3.4g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Saucy miso mushrooms with udon noodles Recipe
Saucy miso mushrooms with udon noodles is a Japanese recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has miso paste, mirin and soy sauce.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- Soy Sauce - 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Mirin - 3 tbsp mirin
- Miso Paste - 3 tbsp miso paste or miso glaze
- Portobello Mushroom - 4 large or 8 small Portobello mushrooms
- Udon Noodle - 3 x 150g packs straight-to-wok udon noodles
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a bowl, whisk the miso paste, mirin, soy sauce, garlic and half the sesame oil until smooth and combined. Line a baking tray with a large sheet of foil, place the mushrooms in the middle and scrunch up the sides to almost encase the mushrooms. Pour over the miso mix, turning the mushrooms to ensure they are well coated. Scrunch the packet of foil closed and bake for 30 mins.
- About 5 mins before the mushrooms are ready, heat the remaining oil in a wok, stir-fry the noodles until hot through then divide between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with 1 or 2 mushrooms and pour over the sauce from the foil. Scatter with sesame seeds and spring onions.