- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 146
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.33g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Seared scallops with flavoured greens Recipe
Low-calorie Christmas recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, shallot, garlic clove, lemon, greens, anchovy, scallop and butter.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Anchovy - 50g anchovies, chopped
- Lemon - zest and juice 2 lemons
- Butter - knob of butter
- Shallot - 3 shallots, diced
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Greens - 300g dark greens, such as cavalo nero or kale, stalks removed then shredded
- Scallop - 9 large scallops, roe removed and halved horizontally
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots, garlic and lemon zest, and fry gently until soft. Add the greens the anchovies, and cook for 5 mins until the leaves are wilted.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan, then add the scallops and fry for 1-2 mins on each side. Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan and swirl until the butter melts and you have a glossy sauce. Divide the cabbage and scallops between 6 plates and serve with the pan juices spooned over.