- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 611
- Carbohydrate Content: 75g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 23g
Sesame-crusted tofu with gingery noodles Recipe
Sesame-crusted tofu with gingery noodles is a Noodle recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has egg, tofu and cornflour.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Spring Onion - 1/2 bunch spring onion, shredded lengthways
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Carrot - 4 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Sunflower Oil - 150ml sunflower oil, for frying
- Egg Noodle - 250g pack medium egg noodle
- Cornflour - 3 tbsp cornflour
- Sesame Seed - 3 tbsp sesame seed
- Tofu - 300g block tofu, patted dry and cut into triangles
- Stem Ginger - 50g stem ginger (around 4-5 balls), finely chopped, plus 2 tbsp syrup
- Tip the beaten egg onto a plate and coat the tofu in it. On a plate, mix the cornflour, sesame seeds and seasoning and dip the tofu pieces into it. Set aside.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tbsp of the oil, plus the carrots, and stir-fry until tender, adding a few splashes of water if they start to stick. Add the chilli, garlic, ginger and most of the spring onions, and fry for a few more mins. Meanwhile, cook the noodles following pack instructions, drain, then toss into the vegetables, along with the syrup and soy.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Carefully shallow-fry the tofu pieces, a few mins each side, until golden. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Scatter with the remaining spring onions and serve with the noodles and a little extra soy sauce, if you like.