- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 321
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Tofu & asparagus pad Thai Recipe
Tofu & asparagus pad Thai is a Healthy Thai recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has flat rice noodle, lime and tamarind.
- Coriander - handful each coriander leaves and salted peanuts, to serve
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Spring Onion - 6 spring onions halved and thinly sliced lengthways
- Lime - 2 limes, 1 juiced, one cut into wedges
- Sweet Chilli Sauce - 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving
- Asparagus Spear - 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- Tofu - 300g firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- Beansprout - 300g bag beansprouts
- Flat Rice Noodle - 200g flat rice noodles
- Tamarind - 1 tbsp tamarind paste, or extra lime juice
- Cook the noodles following packet instructions. Mix the lime juice, tamarind and chilli sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok and fry the tofu for 5-8 mins, until golden all over. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the asparagus until tender. Tip in the spring onions, beansprouts and garlic. Cook for 2 mins more. Stir in the drained noodles, sauce and some salt. Mix in the tofu and heat through. Serve with coriander, salted peanuts and lime wedges.