- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 400
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.91g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Skewered sardines with tartare dressing Recipe
Skewered sardines with tartare dressing is a Healthy barbecue recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has lemon, olive oil and sardine.
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Dill - small bunch dill, finely chopped
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- Caper - 1 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- Sardine - 12 sardines, cleaned, gutted and heads cut off (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- Cornichon - 2 tbsp cornichon, drained and finely chopped
- Wooden Skewer - 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- Pour half the lemon juice and 1 tbsp olive oil over the sardines, then rub it into the fish's cavity and skin. Lay 2-3 sardines (depending on size) side by side and thread a skewer through the tail end and one through the head end, packing them closely together.
- To make the tartare dressing, combine the lemon zest and the rest of the juice and oil with the dill, parsley, capers, cornichons and some seasoning. Set aside.
- Season the sardines really well, then carefully lift them onto a hot barbecue. Cook for 3-4 mins on each side, carefully lifting the skewers to turn them, then transfer to a serving plate. Spoon over a little dressing and serve the rest on the side.