- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 3.34g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Smoked haddock & leek risotto Recipe
Smoked haddock & leek Risotto recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has leek, risotto rice, smoked haddock, creme fraiche and baby spinach.
- Vegetable Stock - 700ml fish or vegetable stock
- Milk - 250ml full-fat milk
- Butter - small knob of butter
- Baby Spinach - 100g baby spinach
- Creme Fraiche - 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- Leek - 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- Risotto Rice - 300g risotto rice, such as arborio or carnaroli
- Smoked Haddock - 375g undyed smoked haddock, skinned and cut into large chunks
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the butter in a large ovenproof dish over a medium heat. Cook the leek for 4-5 mins, stirring regularly, until just tender. Add the rice and stir for a further 2 mins.
- Add the stock and milk, bring to the boil and bubble for 5 mins before sitting the haddock on top. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 18 mins until the rice is tender.
- Fold in the creme fraiche and spinach, season with plenty of black pepper, then cover the pan again and leave to rest out of the oven for 3 mins before serving - the steam will soften the spinach.