- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 546
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 35g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Smoked mackerel & leek hash with horseradish Recipe
Smoked mackerel & leek hash with horseradish is a One-pot recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, oil and leek.
- Egg - 4 eggs
- Oil - 2 tbsp oil
- New Potato - 250g new potatoes, halved
- Leek - 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- Horseradish - 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- Smoked Mackerel - 100g peppered smoked mackerel, skin removed
- Put the potatoes in a microwaveable bowl with a splash of water, cover, then cook on high for 5 mins until tender (or steam or simmer them).
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the leeks with a pinch of salt and cook for 10 mins, stirring so they don't stick, until softened. Tip in the potatoes, turn up the heat and fry for a couple of mins to crisp them up a bit. Flake through the mackerel.
- Make four indents in the leek mixture in the pan, crack an egg into each, season, then cover the pan and cook for 6-8 mins until the whites have set and the yolks are runny. Serve the horseradish on the side, with the pan in the middle of the table.