- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 218
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Smoked mackerel maki rolls Recipe
Smoked mackerel maki rolls is a 200-400 calorie recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has sushi rice, rice wine vinegar and nori.
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- Carrot - 1/2 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Soy Sauce - soy sauce, for dipping
- Cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- Rice Wine Vinegar - 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Sushi Rice - 150g sushi rice
- Nori - 4 nori sheets
- Smoked Mackerel - 100g smoked mackerel, skin removed, torn into small pieces
- Put the rice in a small bowl, cover with cold water and massage the grains with your hands to remove the starch. Drain and repeat the process until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice in a small saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Cover with 2.5cm of cold water, put the lid on and simmer over a medium heat for 10 mins. Take off the heat and leave with the lid on for a further 15 mins. Stir through the vinegar, then leave to cool completely.
- Fill a small bowl with cold water and lay out a sushi mat (about PS1 from any large supermarket). Place a nori sheet, shiny-side down, on top of the sushi mat. Spread a quarter of the rice onto the nori, leaving a 1cm border at the top.
- Put a quarter of the chilli and carrot in a line at the bottom of the rice. Place a quarter of the cucumber and mackerel in a strip along the centre.
- Dampen the top border with a little water to help seal the roll. Fold the bottom edge of the seaweed over the first line of the filling, then use the sushi mat to roll up the maki. Repeat to make four rolls. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into eight rounds. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.