- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Spice-cured tuna tacos Recipe
Spice-cured tuna tacos is a 200-400 calorie recipe for 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tuna, olive oil and lime.
- Coriander - 1 bunch coriander, chopped, with a few leaves left whole
- Vegetable Oil - vegetable oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Spring Onion - 4 shredded spring onions
- Tuna - 400g fresh line-caught tuna
- Chilli Flakes - 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Lime - 2 limes, zested, 1 juiced
- Avocado - 3 ripe avocados, de-stoned and peeled
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tbsp coriander leaves
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Pomegranate Seeds - 50g pomegranate seeds
- Pickle Liquor - 1 tbsp pickle liquor from the pickled jalapeno chillies
- Flour Tacos - 8 small soft flour tacos
- Pickled Jalapeno Chillies - pickled jalapeno chillies
- Slice the tuna into 1cm strips, then dice into rough 1cm cubes. Drizzle over the olive oil and scatter over the lime zest, stir and put in the fridge for 20 mins or so. Gently toast the cumin and coriander in a small frying pan, then tip into apestle and mortarwith a pinch of salt and the chilli flakes and crush to a coarse powder. Stir the spice mix into the tuna with the lime juice and put the bowl back in the fridge for at least 10 mins or up to 1 hr.
- To make the avocado puree, put all the ingredients in afood processorwith a pinch of salt and blitz until you have a smooth puree, adding a little oil if it's too thick to blitz. Spoon the mixture into a container.
- If you like your tacos crispy, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, brush them with a little oil, place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 mins. To build each taco, spoon on some avocado puree and spread out to the edge. Spoon on the spiced tuna and sprinkle over the chillies, pomegranate seeds, coriander and spring onions, drizzle with more oil and add a lime wedge to the plate. Eat with your hands, if soft, or a knife and fork if crispy.