- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 4.63g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Spiced chickpeas with halloumi Recipe
Spiced chickpeas with halloumi is a Quick winter recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has olive oil, chilli and root ginger.
- Red Pepper - 3 red peppers from a jar or deli counter
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Halloumi Cheese - half 250g pack halloumi cheese, drained
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Chilli - 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or half tsp chilli powder
- Baby Spinach - 200g bag baby spinach
- Root Ginger - 2 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- Heat the oil in a pan, then gently fry the chilli and ginger for 1 min. Stir in chickpeas, spinach and peppers, then season. Cover, then cook gently for 3-4 mins, stirring occasionally, until the spinach has wilted and the chickpeas are warmed through.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan until piping hot. Cut the halloumi into 6 slices and quickly fry for 1-2 mins each side. Stir the lemon juice into the chickpeas and divide between two plates. Top with the halloumi and serve immediately.