- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 or 8 with other bbq food Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 450
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 35g
Stickiest ever BBQ ribs with chive dip Recipe
American recipe for 4 or 8 with other bbq food people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rib, cola, sesame seed, tomato ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, sweet chilli sauce, paprika, soured cream, salad cream, chive and spring onion.
- Soured Cream - 300ml pot half-fat soured cream
- Spring Onion - 6 spring onions, sliced
- Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- Brown Sugar - 8 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Chive - small bunch chive, snipped
- Sweet Chilli Sauce - 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce - 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sesame Seed - 2 tsp toasted sesame seed (optional)
- Tomato Ketchup - 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salad Cream - 2 tbsp salad cream
- Cola - 2 cans cola
- Rib - 2 racks baby back pork ribs
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3 and snugly fit the ribs into a roasting tin. Pour over the cola and enough water to cover the ribs, then cover the tin tightly with foil. Roast for 2-3 hrs, turning halfway through, until the ribs are really tender but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, put all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Gently heat, then bubble for about 2 mins, stirring.
- When the ribs are done, carefully lift each out of the tin and sit on kitchen paper to dry. Tip away the liquid and wipe out the tin. Put the dry ribs back in the tin and coat all over with the sticky sauce. Cover and chill for at least 1 hr to marinate, but better still up to 24 hrs. Can be frozen at this stage.
- Mix the dip ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.
- Heat the barbecue and wait for the flames to die down, or heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 7. Add the ribs (in a roasting tin, if using the oven) and cook for 20 mins, turning occasionally, and basting often with remaining sauce. When ribs are sticky, hot through and crisping on the outside, slice to serve. Scatter with sesame seeds, if you like, and plate up with any remaining sticky sauce, warmed, and the chive dip.