- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 444
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.51g
- Sugar Content: 21g
Sticky ribs with roast potato salad Recipe
Sticky ribs with roast potato salad is a Cheap family recipe for 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pork, onion and olive oil.
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 small onion, diced
- Paprika - 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Passata - 300ml tomato passata
- New Potato - 1 1/2 kg new potatoes, skin on
- Rosemary - 1-2 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped, or a pinch of mixed dried herbs
- Red Wine Vinegar - 150ml cider, white or red wine vinegar
- Dark Muscovado Sugar - 125g dark muscovado sugar
- Pork - 3 racks pork spare ribs, or about 1 1/2 kg/3lb 5oz single pork spare ribs
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Put the ribs in a roasting tin in a single layer and just cover with water. Cover with foil and cook for 1 1/2 hrs. Drain well. If you are not finishing these straight away, cover and chill until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the oil in a pan until soft. Add the garlic, smoked paprika and chilli powder and fry for 1 min. Add the passata, puree, vinegar and sugar and bring everything to a simmer. Cook for 10 mins. If you are not using this sauce straight away, cool and chill.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Brush the ribs all over with the sauce and lay on a baking sheet. Mix the potatoes with the oil, rosemary and seasoning in a large roasting tin. Roast for 40 mins on a middle shelf, with the ribs on the shelf above. Turn the ribs and potatoes halfway, until both are nicely browned all over. Tip the potatoes into a large bowl sprinkle with the vinegar and serve hot, warm or cold. Slice the ribs to serve and put any extra sauce into bowls for dipping.