- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 3 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 429
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Sticky stem ginger duck & noodle salad Recipe
Sticky stem ginger duck & noodle salad is a Low-fat Christmas recipe for 3 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has stem ginger, soy sauce and lime.
- Red Chilli - 1 fat red chilli, deseeded & thinly sliced
- Mint - small pack mint, leaves picked
- Lime - zest and juice 4 limes, plus 1 cut into wedges to serve
- Soy Sauce - 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Radish - 200g pack radishes, sliced
- Beansprout - 300g bag beansprouts
- Vermicelli Rice Noodle - 140g vermicelli rice noodles
- Sugar Snap Peas - 200g pack sugar snap peas
- Stem Ginger - 5 balls stem ginger, finely grated, plus 3 tbsp syrup from the jar
- Duck Leg - 2 duck legs, skin removed
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a small bowl, mix the stem ginger, 1 tbsp soy and the juice and zest 1 lime. Put the duck on a foil-lined baking tray, scrunch up the sides of the foil around the duck, then pour over the marinade. Bake for 45 mins, turning the duck over halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the sugar snap peas and boil for 30 secs, then scoop out (don't drain the water), then transfer to a colander and run under cold water until cool. Bring the water back to the boil and cook the rice noodles following pack instructions. Meanwhile, slice the sugar snap peas on the diagonal.
- When the noodles are cooked, drain well. Put in a large bowl, add the remaining soy, the stem ginger syrup, lime zest and juice, cooled sugar snap peas, beansprouts, radishes, mint and chilli. Shred the duck and add this, along with any juices collected in the foil. Toss everything together, then serve.