- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 118
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Stir-fried festive cabbage Recipe
Stir-fried festive cabbage is a Quick Christmas recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has red cabbage, kale and sunflower oil.
- Red Wine - 50ml red wine
- Butter - 1 tbsp butter
- Red Cabbage - 1/2 red cabbage, quartered and core removed
- Kale - 200g bag shredded kale, or cavolo nero, sliced and woody stalks removed
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- Orange - 1/2 orange, juiced and zested
- Cranberry Sauce - 2 tsp cranberry sauce
- Finely shred the cabbage - the quickest way to do this is in afood processorwith a shredder attachment or using a mandoline.
- Heat the oil in awokor large frying pan, then add the cabbage and kale. Stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 mins or until the cabbage starts to wilt, then add the rest of the ingredients. Toss everything together really well, continue to cook for a further 4 mins and season before serving. Keep warm in a low oven if needed or leave to cool, cover, chill and reheat in a pan or microwave the following day.