- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 159
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Stripy hummus salad jars Recipe
Stripy hummus salad jars is a Family picnic recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has soya bean, hummus and red pepper.
- Red Pepper - 2 red peppers (or a mixture of colours) finely chopped
- Cherry Tomato - 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Carrot - 2 large carrots
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- Basil - small pack basil
- Cucumber - Half cucumber, finely chopped
- Hummus - 200g tub hummus (reserve 2 tbsp for the dressing)
- Soya Bean - 140g frozen soya beans or peas
- Pumpkin Seed - 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- First make the dressing. Put the ingredients in a jam jar with 1 tbsp water. Screw on the lid and shake well. Set aside.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans or peas and cook for 1 min until tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Divide the remaining hummus between 6 large jam jars. Top with the drained soya beans or peas, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, basil leaves, carrots and pumpkin seeds, if using. Screw on the lids and chill until needed. Will keep in the fridge for 24 hrs.
- When ready to serve, pass around the jars and let everyone pour over a little dressing.