- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 87
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Teriyaki tempeh with peanut dip Recipe
Vegetarian Christmas canape recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has tempeh, olive oil, teriyaki sauce, sesame seeds, peanut butter, coconut milk, chilli flakes, soy sauce, lime and sugar.
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sugar - pinch of sugar
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Lime - 1 lime, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges to serve
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp soy sauce, or tamari
- Coconut Milk - 100ml coconut milk
- Peanut Butter - 30g peanut butter
- Sesame Seeds - 40g white sesame seeds, toasted
- Teriyaki Sauce - 150ml teriyaki sauce
- Tempeh - 200g pack tempeh
- First, make the dipping sauce. Mix all the ingredients except for the lime wedges, adding a splash of water to loosen if it is too thick. Season and set aside. Can be made up to a day in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Cut the tempeh into 16 slices. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the slices of tempeh for around 3 mins each side. Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan, and turn the slices to coat them. Let it bubble away for 1-2 mins - you're looking for the tempeh to be well covered and sticky.
- Tip the sesame seeds into a cup. Take the sticky slices of tempeh and push a wooden skewer into each (don't push them down too far). Dip one end of the tempeh into the sesame seeds, then transfer to a serving platter with the dipping sauce in a bowl and the lime wedges on the side.