- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 742
- Carbohydrate Content: 77g
- Fat Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 4.7g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Japanese-style mackerel rice bowl Recipe
Japanese-style mackerel rice bowl is a Japanese recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sushi rice, soya bean and teriyaki sauce.
- Garlic Clove - 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Spring Onion - 4 spring onions, halved and shredded lengthways
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- Soya Bean - 200g frozen soya beans
- Sushi Rice - 300g sushi rice
- Teriyaki Sauce - 150ml teriyaki sauce
- Wasabi - wasabi paste, to serve (optional)
- Smoked Mackerel - 4 smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed
- Cook the rice following pack instructions, adding the soya beans to the pan for the final 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the teriyaki sauce, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Brush a little of the teriyaki sauce mixture over the mackerel and sear the fillets, skin-side down, for 1-2 mins. Turn the fish over and add the teriyaki sauce mixture to the pan, bring to a bubble and cook the sauce for 1-2 mins more. The fish will warm through and the sauce will thicken.
- Spoon the rice into bowls, then top each bowl with a mackerel fillet. Spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the spring onions. Serve with a blob of wasabi paste, if you like.