- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 338
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Vegan banh mi Recipe
Vegan banh mi is a Sandwich recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has raw veggies, white wine vinegar and golden caster sugar.
- Coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander, leaves picked, to serve
- Mint - 1/2 small pack mint, leaves picked, to serve
- White Wine Vinegar - 3 tbsp good-quality vegan white wine vinegar
- Hummus - 100g hummus
- Golden Caster Sugar - 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- Hot Sauce - hot sauce, to serve (we used sriracha)
- Raw Veggies - 150g leftover raw veggies, (such as red cabbage and carrots), shredded
- French Baguette - 1 long French baguette
- Tempeh - 175g cooked tempeh, very finely sliced
- Put the shredded veg in a bowl and add the vinegar, sugar and 1 tsp salt. Toss everything together, then set aside to pickle quickly while you prepare the rest of the sandwich.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut the baguette into four, then slice each piece horizontally in half. Put the baguette pieces in the oven for 5 mins until lightly toasted and warm. Spread each piece with a layer of hummus, then top four pieces with the tempeh slices and pile the pickled veg on top. To serve, sprinkle over the herbs and squeeze over some hot sauce, then top with the other baguette pieces to make sandwiches.