- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 275
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Thai roast chicken with mango & apple salad Recipe
Thai roast chicken with mango & apple salad is a Posh budget recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has shallot, red chilli and lime.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Chicken Breast - 2 chicken breasts, skin on
- Red Chilli - 2 small red chillies, deseeded, half roughly chopped and half finely chopped
- Spring Onion - 3 spring onions, sliced
- Mint - 1/2 small bunch mint, leaves picked
- Lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tsp sunflower oil
- Shallot - 3 shallots, halved
- Apple - 1 red-skinned apple, cut into matchsticks
- Root Ginger - thumb-length piece of fresh root ginger, finely grated
- Caster Sugar - 1/4 tsp caster sugar
- Fish Sauce - 1/2 tsp fish sauce, plus a splash
- Mango - 1/2 mango, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Whizz the shallots in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the roughly chopped chilli, 3/4 of the ginger and all the lime zest, then whizz to a chunky paste. Tip into a frying pan with 1 tsp oil and some seasoning, then fry for a couple of mins until fragrant.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Release the skin from the chicken breasts along one side, and stuff with spicy shallot stuffing. Can be done up to a day ahead. Season the skin, then roast in a roasting tin for 15-20 mins until golden, crisp and cooked through. Meanwhile, make the rice (see right).
- Toss together the apple, mango, mint, spring onions and half the coriander. Mix the fish sauce, caster sugar, remaining ginger and lime juice, then set aside.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it to a plate to rest. Sit the roasting tin on the hob. Spoon off any excess fat, then gently heat, adding the remaining lime juice and a splash more fish sauce, scraping up the chicken juices to make a sauce. Chop the remaining coriander, then stir into the sauce with the finely chopped chilli. Toss the salad with the dressing, then serve with the chicken, sauce and sticky rice.