- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.65g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Tofu & spinach cannelloni Recipe
Tofu & spinach cannelloni is a Lower sugar recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Nutmeg - pinch grated nutmeg
- Breadcrumb - 4 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- Pine Nut - 50g pine nuts, roughly chopped
- Spinach - 400g bag spinach
- Tofu - 349g pack silken tofu
- Lasagne - 300g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- Heat half the oil in a pan, add onion and 1/3 of the garlic and fry for 4 mins until softened. Pour in tomatoes, season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 mins until sauce thickens.
- Heat half remaining oil in a frying pan and cook another 1/3 of garlic for 1 min, then add half the pine nuts and the spinach. Wilt spinach, then tip out excess liquid. Whizz tofu in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth, then stir through the spinach with the nutmeg and some pepper. Remove from the heat; allow to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour half tomato sauce into a 20 x 30cm dish. Divide spinach mix between lasagne sheets, roll up and lay on top of sauce. Pour over remaining sauce. Bake for 30 mins.
- Mix crumbs with remaining garlic and pine nuts. Sprinkle over top of dish, drizzle with remaining oil and bake for 10 mins until crumbs are golden.