- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 388
- Carbohydrate Content: 62g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 18g
Winter vegetable pie Recipe
Winter vegetable pie is a Diabetes-friendly recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and flour.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- Milk - up to 200ml/7fl oz milk
- Carrot - 300g (about 2 large) carrot, cut into small batons
- Frozen Pea - 200g frozen pea
- Rosemary - 1 rosemary sprig, leaves finely chopped
- Potato - 900g potato, cut into chunks
- Flour - 1 tbsp flour
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cauliflower, broken into small florets
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a flameproof dish over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 10 mins until softened, then stir in the flour and cook for a further 2 mins. Add the carrots, cauliflower, garlic and rosemary, and cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly, until they begin to soften.
- Tip the tomatoes into the vegetables along with a can full of water. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 mins, then remove the lid and cook for 10-15 mins more, until the sauce has thickened and the vegetables are cooked. Season, stir in the peas and cook for 1 min more.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain, then place back in the saucepan and mash. Stir through enough milk to reach a fairly soft consistency, then add the remaining olive oil and season.
- Heat the grill. Spoon the hot vegetable mix into a pie dish, top with the mash and drag a fork lightly over the surface. Place under the grill for a few mins until the top is crisp golden brown.