- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 239
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Acquacotta is a Healthy soup recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, celery and carrot.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Egg - 6 eggs
- Carrot - 2 small carrots, chopped
- Parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Chicken Stock - 850ml chicken stock
- Celery - 3 celery sticks, chopped
- Crusty Bread - 3 slices good crusty bread, toasted and torn into chunks
- Plum Tomato - 225g plum tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- Thyme Leaf - 2 tsp thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- Dried Porcini - 50g dried porcini mushrooms
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the celery, carrots, onion, garlic and thyme for 10-15 mins until softened. Meanwhile, cover the porcini with hot water and soak for 15 mins until softened and swollen. Drain the mushrooms, reserving the soaking liquid, and roughly chop. Add to the softened vegetables along with the soaking liquid and cook for another 5 mins.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 10 mins until they begin to break down, then pour in the stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Poach the 6 eggs in a separate large saucepan of simmering water for 3-4 mins until set, then remove with a slotted spoon. Add the parsley and a little seasoning to the soup, and mix in the torn-up toasted bread. Divide the soup between 6 bowls and place an egg on top of each. Serve scattered with extra thyme.