- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.19g
- Sugar Content: 45g
Baked apples with prunes, cinnamon & ginger Recipe
Halloween recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has cooking apple, stem ginger, ground cinnamon, prune, light muscovado sugar, butter and ice cream.
- Butter - 1 tbsp butter
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 50g light muscovado sugar
- Prune - 4 prunes, chopped
- Stem Ginger - 2 stem ginger balls, finely chopped
- Ice Cream - 4 big scoops good quality vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Cooking Apple - 4 cooking apples, cored but left whole
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Using a sharp knife, score a line around the equator of each apple. Put them into a baking dish with a small splash of water in the bottom.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, cinnamon, prunes and sugar. Stuff the mixture into the apples so that they are well packed. Top each with a knob of butter and bake for 35-40 mins, or until cooked through. To test, pierce with a sharp knife - it should slide straight through. The apples can be cooked up to a day ahead, then warmed through in the oven or microwave before eating.
- Remove from the oven and baste the apples with the liquid left in the dish. Serve hot or warm with the ice cream.