- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 274
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.27g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Blueberry & pecan oaties Recipe
Blueberry & pecan oaties is a Cookie recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has plain flour, baking powder and porridge oat.
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Butter - 140g butter, chopped
- Plain Flour - 175g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Golden Caster Sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- Porridge Oat - 85g porridge oat
- Blueberry - 70g pack dried blueberry (or use raisins or dried cranberries)
- Pecan - 50g pecan, roughly broken
- Tip the flour, baking powder, oats, sugar and cinnamon into a bowl, then mix well with your hands. Add the butter, then rub it into the mixture until it has disappeared.
- Stir in the blueberries and pecans, add the egg, then mix well with a cutlery knife or wooden spoon until it all comes together in a big ball. Lightly flour the work surface, then roll the dough into a fat sausage about 6cm across. Wrap in cling film, then chill in the fridge until solid.
- To bake, heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/ gas 4. Unwrap the cookie log, thickly slice into discs, then arrange on baking sheets. Bake for 15 mins (or a few mins more if from frozen) until golden, leave on the trays to harden, then cool completely on a wire rack before tucking in.