- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.26g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Chicken & pasta salad Recipe
Chicken & pasta salad is a Marathon recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red pepper, red onion and olive oil.
- Penne - 300g penne or fusilli pasta
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and thickly sliced
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Chicken Breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Cherry Tomato - 150g pack cherry tomato, halved
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- Rocket - 50g bag rocket
- Chilli Flakes - pinch dried chilli flakes
- Thyme - 2 tbsp each chopped thyme and oregano
- White Wine Vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the pepper and onion with 1 tsp oil and roast for 20 mins.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile put the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until they're about 1cm thick. Mix remaining oil, herbs, chilli and garlic then rub all over the chicken. Heat a griddle or barbecue and cook for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Slice the chicken on a board, scrape into the pasta with any juices, plus the roasted onion and pepper, cherry tomatoes, rocket, vinegar and seasoning. Toss together and eat warm or cold.